The Mechanics Helper will assist mechanics in performing maintenance and repairs on vehicles and equipment
Helps mechanic perform maintenance and repairs such as tune-ups and oil changes, checks tires and brakes, replaces spark plugs and engages in other similar tasks. Assists mechanic with electrical systems such as replacing batteries, starters, and lights. Test drives vehicles to ensure repairs are completed property.
- Location: Delta, BC
- Salary: $22.80 hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
- Knowledge of vehicle repair.
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to use power and hand tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read service and repair manuals.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in a timely fashion.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Related experience preferred.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to perform repairs and inspections.
- Must be able to work safely in a noisy area with many odors present.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Move tools, equipment and other materials
- Perform miscellaneous labouring activities to help tradespersons, apprentices and other workers as directed
- Clean machines and immediate work areas
- Assist skilled tradespersons
- Cleans the shop and returns tools to proper location.
- Maintains inventory of replacement parts and equipment.
- Inspects tools and equipment to ensure they are in working order.
- Updates maintenance and repair logs for vehicles.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, then do one of the three,
1.Check other Canadian jobs
2.Tell us about you so we find best jobs for you
3. Do online paid jobs