Assisting patients with hygiene, such as using the bathroom, using a device brushing teeth, bathing and dressing. Helping patients with meals by feeding them. watching out for general health and vital signs and reporting to RN.
Nursing Assistants functions in nursing homes, hospitals and other facilities to provide general care for patients who can’t get around on by themselves or with help from family members.
Job details and description
- Location: Vernon, BC
- Salary: $25.83 hourly for 37.5 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 2 slots avilable
We are looking for a Nursing Assistant to join our team and help our patients with daily activities such as eating, dressing and bathing as needed.
Nursing Assistant responsibilities include providing basic services to patients throughout the day who have difficulties with mobility or cognitive skills.
Ultimately, you will work directly with patients to provide various services to assist them with basic needs and maintain their wellbeing as needed.
|Senior software developer needed in Canada by Anthor Canada Corp||APPLY NOW|
|Pest control technician needed in Canada by Advance Pest Control||APPLY NOW|
|Attendant, car needed in Canada by Hôtel Clarendon Inc||APPLY NOW|
|Goods and services driver needed||APPLY NOW|
|Mechanic helper needed in Canada by ATR Truck Repair Ltd||APPLY NOW|
- Help patients use the bathroom
- Clean and bathe patients or residents
- Maintain patients’ hygiene and change bedding
- Turn, reposition and move patients between wheelchairs, seats and beds
- Serve meals and help patients eat their food
- Measure vital signs like blood pressure and temperature
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Nursing Assistant or similar role
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great written and verbal communication
- Ability to carefully read and follow directions
- Flexibility in work duties and schedule
- Good teamwork skills
- Ability to lift and move patients
- Good foundation of clinical skills and knowledge
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Nursing Assistant
- Other trades certificate or diploma
3 to less than 7 months
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, then do one of the three,
How to apply
Include this reference number in your application
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter
you can apply directly to the companies website using the link below